Lockheed Martin Agile Software Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Come join us as we support the vision of Space 21st Century Technology and Software initiatives! The position is a jack of all trades in supporting people process, and tools to enable programs in optimize delivery of software intensive systems. This Lockheed Martin Space position is something that will appeal to you if you enjoy teaching/coaching DevOps, Agile, design thinking, and lean start up. In addition, the position will support the adoption and grown of multiple level test automation practices as well as multiple technology initiatives including Hackathons and Dojos. You will also provide support for new program start-up and program transition for people, process, and tools. Continuously evaluate how to integrate tools for our delivery tools box such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality. Lastly, you will identify standard methodologies to increase quality, reduce cycle time, reduce cost, increase visibility, and improve ability to adapt to changing needs.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Travel will be required to support various programs within the LM portfolio.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Prior applied Agile Software and Systems experience on a software development program.
• The individual should have depth in one or more of key Process areas such as Agile with breadth across multiple.
• Have strong stakeholder engagement experience
• Have experience with Agile/DevOps concepts and practices and associated tools/infrastructures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work with little appreciable direction.
• Experience with the design, development, and sustainment of software intensive systems
• Knowledge and understanding of LM key technology areas such as AI, ML, VR, or AR.
• Willingness to learn emerging technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Virtual Reality and Augmented reality
• Innovative and able to provide vision into the art of the possible to support program and customer needs
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.