Lockheed Martin Network Engineer Stf in Herndon, Virginia
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Herndon, VA?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Cyber is an essential element of Space’s strategy for growth as these skillsets have become essential to meeting customer and internal needs. In support of new programs, our Cyber Exploitation teams are building capabilities and specialized tools and techniques. We are increasing focus and emphasis on our customer’s hardest problems, including challenges unique to the of cyber security tools and integrated effects.
Are you an accomplished Network Engineer? If so, we have an opportunity for you to join our team in the Herndon, VA area on existing and upcoming programs/task orders.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Paid time off
Rewards & recognition
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Hold an active TS/SCI with Poly.
The selected candidate will be a member of a systems administration/networking team supporting mission systems. Successful candidate will provide network systems administration support to include:
- installing, configuring, and supporting various mission systems and core services. Candidate will interface with site personnel, providing support for mission systems at site,
- work with deployment and upgrade teams to integrate systems at site into the architecture.
- Support high speed networks and multi-casting.
- Provide guidance and direction to the developers and test team members in interfacing program components to the network.
- Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
- Perform installation of network components.
- Support/maintain/administer program networks and servers.
- Monitor network performance.
1. Certifications (VCP, CCNA, Red Hat, A+, Network+,
2. SIGINT experience
3. SAN/NAS experienceCisco
4. Ability to work proactively without consistent direction
5. Excellent communications skills. Interaction with customer and user's a must.
6. Design acumen, best practices.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.