Lockheed Martin Operations Associate Chief Engineer (ACE) in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unusual skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? Do you want a meaningful career that makes a difference? We provide the resources, encouragement and focus - if you have the drive and determination to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As an Operations Associate Chief Engineer (ACE) for the P321 program, you will provide technical oversight, customer support, problem resolution and coordination of a large multi-segment, software system which spans several locations, platforms and architectures. A broad understanding of the P321 mission and business relationships and a high level of emotional intelligence is a must. Leadership skills and the ability to lead through influence are critical skills for this position. The P321 Ops ACE ensures that schedules, activities, requirements, and resources are properly coordinated. This requires interfacing with senior management, agile development teams and customer representatives.
The P321 Ops ACE is expected to independently identify problem areas, identify solutions, and take appropriate actions to mitigate risk and impacts to the schedule while maintaining technical quality and perform work without appreciable direction. Selected candidate will exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignments.
• As a P321 Subject Matter Expert, support anomalies and high priority software Discrepancy Report (DR) investigations
• Provide training for other ACEs and Ops personnel
• Represent P321 in Technical Exchange Meetings and planning discussions
• Work directly with the customer and prime contractor in support of Ops
• Review and provide impacts on ROMs and WAGs
• Ensure that requirements and support are accurately reflected
• Support Enterprise system demos & tests
• Support Test Directors
• Ensure that Shared Services updates are made as required
• Coordinate emergency operations fixes
• Develop a software release support Concept of Operations (ConOps)
• Ensure that changes are delivered and properly tested
• Coordinate cross-segment software release testing
• Work with other Segments to ensure that enhancements, DR fixes, etc... are retrofit as appropriate
• Support the Joint Engineering Review Board which may require interface / ConOps development
• Support Morning Duty rotation
• Cross-train in other mission areas
Weekend/evening or call-in work occasionally required in support of scheduled and unscheduled Ops and test activities. Occasional travel may be required to Pennsylvania.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Current TS/SCI Clearance
• Demonstrated Project Leadership skills
• Excellent communication abilities (oral and written) as well as dynamic interpersonal skills
• Able to take individual initiative
• Proven ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Willingness and enthusiasm to brief and advise Customer and Management
• Enjoys collaborative and team oriented environments
• Your experience with virtual computing environments using a combination of these technologies: LINUX, Java, C/C++/C#, ORACLE, PERL and Shell Scripting, XML and .NET Development Studios
• Prior customer interfacing skills as well as mission systems experience
• Previous P321 and/or Symphony program experience including knowledge of program software and/or testing methodology as well as software problem reporting and configuration management tools
• Experience with Agile Software Processes in an O&M environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.