Lockheed Martin Processing System Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Day staff engineer providing technical expertise to 24x7 mission processing operators. Serves as point of contact to external organizations for system and enterprise transition activities. Investigates system discrepancies and provides recommendations on criticality of issue. Provides engineering assessment, analysis, and technical input on system anomalies and integration of new capabilities into the system baseline. Champion process improvement efforts to improve day to day operations
TS/SCI required for this role.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree (such as Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar technical/science focused discipline), or related experience can be evaluated in lieu of a degree
- Related experience/disciplines can include Operational experience and/or experience GIS (Geographical Information Systems)
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
- Existing ground mission operations system certification
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: TOPL, MATLAB, JAVA, C++, PERL, ORACLE/SQL, HTML, XML, LINUX, Python, JAVA Script
- Current Security+ certification
- Experience with GIS software or geospatial production techniques
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.