Lockheed Martin Proposal Manager in Herndon, Virginia
Description: Managing the proposal that takes us to Mars, next generation GPS or satellites performing in ways never seen before... Perhaps it’s a win for a multi-billion dollar defense contract that drives you… Or, the idea of working for a company with the business intelligence and resources to match your skill that gets your attention…
We’re looking for our next Proposal Manager (Proposal Analyst Staff) to join our Campaign Strategy & Proposal Operations teams, so if the idea of working for Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company where our renowned history and unmatched expertise sound like the right combination to back your career growth, please read on!
This position provides the opportunity for an experienced TS/SCI clearable Proposal Manager to join a team driven by strategic partnerships, deadlines and wins. When our Capture team identifies a qualified new business path, our Proposal Manager takes over in partnership with the Capture Manager to bring home the formal win which means you are a key, and visible, player in LMSSC’s future and space exploration.
The Proposal Manager is the fulcrum point of translating the capture opportunity into RFP and Award success. We travel often - sometimes with short notice, engage with technical and executive experts to deliver the goods and thrive on the idea of exciting new opportunities, pulling it all together by deadline and winning the opportunity for our team.
More specifically, the Proposal Manager (Proposal Analyst Staff):
• Performs proposal planning/scheduling, detailed RFP analysis, leads/conducts proposal kick-offs/training, leads multi-discipline teams and provide one-on-one coaching/guidance to team members.
• Position is primarily responsible for the design, development and delivery of compliant, customer-focused proposals.
• Position may also be involved in value proposition/value delivery development, as well as baseline development.
• Role supports all lines of business within SSC for both competitive and follow-on proposals.
• Position also has the opportunity to support proposals as a volume lead. This is a great opportunity for someone with expert level writing skills to work as volume author, readability reviewer, and an overall mentor for authors assigned to proposals.
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance (US Citizenship required).
Innovative engineering, pioneering science and advanced technology are what make every day at Lockheed Martin Space Systems spectacular. We enjoy a robust package of benefits, on-site campus perks and the opportunities of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
• Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions, build consensus, and sustain team energy and commitment.
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit text, perform in a role as a readability SME.
• Willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time and with short notice.
• Willing to work varying schedule with high levels of overtime as driven by proposal demands.
• Ability to multi-task in the management of multiple simultaneous proposals.
• Current TS/SCI clearance (Top Secret / Special Compartmentalized Information)
• >5 years of experience in leading proposal teams in small to medium dollar proposals (Up to $100M)
• Demonstrated success working with capture teams to understand the value proposition/value delivery system (VP/VDS) strategy and then leading a proposal team to communicate and deliver the VP/VDS strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to lead proposal volume teams/authors in developing and delivering superior proposal products with constrained schedules and resources.
• Subject Matter Expertise (SME) outside of direct proposal management role, but relevant to LM programs (e.g. Planner experience).
• Understand and manage RFP compliance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.