Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Asc Mgr in Herndon, Virginia
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unrivaled skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, encouragement and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for a career that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, you need to join Lockheed Martin Space's Mission Solutions, MS3 Team as one of our premier Software Engineer Associate Managers!
MS3 develops, delivers, and operates affordable engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe. These critical high demand domains include development of creative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, collection orchestration and tasking, processing, data analysis and analytics, terrestrial communication along with best-in-class operations and sustainment capabilities of space- based programs in support of national security.
Your programmatic responsibilities include leading the business rhythms of the software development teams, supporting milestone reviews, identifying and mitigating/implementing risks/opportunities, performing Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities, implementing software changes, and working closely with other functional teams. You will also lead the technical, cost, and schedule execution of software development activities for multiple program landmarks and objectives.
Functional management includes performance evaluations, career development mentorship, program assignments, merit and salary actions, training plans, staffing and recruiting. You will be responsible for providing technical mentoring and guiding work assignments, employee career development, continuous ongoing feedback, and being their employees advocate in opportunity discussions
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. TS/SCI is needed to start.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or equivalent experience
• Strong people and technical leadership skills
• Validated ability to organize and work on multiple projects
• Validated effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
• Self-Starter Personality; Ability to multitask
• Customer interaction
• Proven experience working in Agile teams demonstrating Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts as well as Interpersonal skills (Verbal and written)
• Experience with the following tools / technologies such as: Java EE, Docker, Gradle, GitLab, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher, NodeJS, Yarn, VSCode, Angular, Typescript
• Experience crafting stateless and microservice-based architectures
• Experience developing and deploying apps to the cloud
• Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
• A proven interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and use those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner is required.
• Experience with software integration and debugging techniques
• Previously demonstrated behaviors that align with Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives of Shaping the Future, Building Effective Relationships, Energizing the Team, Delivering Results and Modeling Personal Excellence, Integrity and Accountability
• Experience in one or more of the MS3 domain areas (e.g. Mission Management, Command Control, and Mission Processing)
• Forward-thinking experience working on IC or DoD efforts
• Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
• Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
• Knowledge of Google Material Design concepts is a plus
• Cost Account Management Experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.