Lockheed Martin Sr. Systems Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection and craft incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Iron Patriot program is looking for you. An accomplished Systems Engineer to provide solutions for requirements management, integration, transition planning, and acceptance testing.
As a vital part of this team, you will develop and provide technical solutions to shape new efforts under the guidance of the Chief Engineer, Chief Architect and Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Lead. You will ensure the successful execution and accurate completion of tasks while supporting the leadership team in shaping and executing strategy.
Utilizing state of the art commercial and new methodologies such as DevOps (automated testing, continuous integration, automated deployment, etc.), distributed cm, and modern development tools, you will be involved in progressing system capabilities through early requirements analysis, architectural design, development, integration, test and site acceptance with a focus on software reuse, COTS/FOSS integrations, and innovative, affordable methodologies.
As a member of a world-class distributed team, you are creative and passionate about your work, focused on mission and system quality, and supportive of timely delivery of features and capabilities.
Other qualifications include effective technical writing and communication skills. The ability to energize a team of multiple skills and job disciplines across several projects or task orders, while enjoying the opportunities to have frequent interactions with teammates in other geographical locations.
TS/SCI Clearance required to start for this role.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
• Direct understanding and tangible experience with software and systems engineering efforts using Agile methods, processes and practices, with proven strong background in full lifecycle of Software and/or Systems Engineering.
• Systems Engineering Experience with demonstrated experience in Agile Management Practices to include experience with requirements, architecture, and overarching engineering processes.
• SW Systems Development Experience with demonstrable experience in Agile Management Practices; use of modern tools, technologies, and languages; experience with Cloud Frameworks and Platforms; experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment; experience Automated Testing; and DevOps
• Integration, verification and validation experience, to include integration and acceptance testing with automated test tools
• Experience transitioning applications to operations
•Experience Supporting release/sprint planning and review meeting, and technical exchange meeting
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Strong Interpersonal Skills.
• Active TS clearance with SCI access required to start and to meet the on-going requirements set forth by our customer
• Privileged User
• Experience with agile management practices
• Experience with DevOps Pipeline
• Experience leading and contributing to software systems using modern practices, tools, technologies and languages.
• Agile certifications/recent experience (e.g. Product Owner, Scrum Master, SAFe, etc.
• AWS certifications/experience
• Scrum\\\\SAFe\\\\Agile experience
• Continuous Integration\\\\Automated Testing\\\\DevOps
• Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS, Atlassian JIRA, etc.)
• Experience with Cloud frameworks (AWS, C2S, S2P, etc.))
• Experience with source code management repository (software versioning). (Bitbucket, Git, Subversion etc.)
• Experience with build tools/continuous integration tool. (Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Experience with test tools (Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, TestRail)
• Experience with documentation systems: (Wikis, Confluence etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.