Lockheed Martin Sr. Systems Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unusual skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible cutting edge products? Are you looking for a meaningful career that makes a difference? We provide the resources, encouragement and focus - if you have the drive and determination to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Test Director (TD) for the Symphony program, you will manage all phases of verification, testing and installation of software changes and hardware component changes to a large, complex information system. You will provide leadership, consultation, and direction to projects pertaining to software testing and transition, while ensuring that schedules, activities, requirements and resources are on track.
You will perform work under general direction while meeting technical goals, obtaining results, and ensuring quality and schedule objectives are met. Thoroughly understand and apply technical principles and concepts solving moderately complex problems with minimal assistance.
• You will oversee and conduct segment level and multi-segment testing
• Define test requirements and system transition procedures
• Conduct external segment interface verification
• Develop, write and issue test documents
• Coordinate and schedule system resources to support testing
• Initiate and conduct test and operational demo planning
• Chair or participate in Test Status Meetings
• Support integration and plan of future deliveries and systems
• Support system anomalies as required
• Participate in engineering review boards
• Oversee and support off-hours testing for associated projects
Weekend/evening or call-in work occasionally required in support of scheduled and unscheduled test activities. Occasional travel may be required to New Mexico and/or Pennsylvania.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin promotes an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development and advancement
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & Recognition
• Current TS/SCI Clearance
• Your expertise with virtual computing environments using a combination of these technologies: LINUX, Java, C/C++/C#, ORACLE, SQL, PERL and Shell Scripting, XML and .NET Development Studios
• Proven ability to analyze and resolve problems and improve efficiencies
• Willingness and enthusiasm to brief and advise Customer and Management
• Developed Project Leadership skills
• Enjoys collaborative and team oriented environments
• Able to take individual initiative
• Strong oral and written abilities as well as dynamic communication skills.
• Prior customer interfacing skills as well as mission systems experience
• Previous Symphony experience including knowledge of Symphony software and/or Testing methodology as well as software problem reporting and configuration management tools
• Experience with Agile Software Processes in an O&M environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.