Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator in Herndon, Virginia
Note - Work location primarily located at a customer site in the Lorton,VA area.
Lockheed Martin is seeking an individual with a wide variety of System administrative expertise with Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical support of the operating systems and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software across the enterprise. Will be involved in all phases of the installation and integration of software and hardware component changes to large, complex information systems. Specific duties include: execution of system transition procedures; support integration and planning standards and custom operational procedures; support integration and planning for future deliveries and systems; work off of system anomalies and support of off hour testing, as required. Plans, tests, installs, and integrates new and upgraded versions of the relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third party software components, and subsystems. Develops test plans and procedures. Coordinates and conducts product installations, including patches. Proactively monitors and manages system resources to optimize operating efficiency and performance. Performs troubleshooting and diagnosing and correction of problems. Writes scripts to automate system administrative tasks. Maintains environment security and compliance. Performs backups. Performs system security administration functions, including managing customer accounts via Active Directory. Works with customer to plan for scheduled down time for maintenance reboots and restores.
Note work location - primarily located at a customer site in the Lorton, VA area.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Basic Qualifications Basic Qualifications :
Candidate needs to be eligible for a TS/SCI full scope poly. Can have a TS/SCI w/ CI Poly prior to start.
- Ability to install, configure, security harden, maintain, patch, back-up Windows 2008 servers running Window 7
- Experience with virtual environment running VMware and administration through vSphere
- Ability to install, configure, administer and maintain HP c3000/c7000 HP blade hardware and HP SAN (4400 series) hardware/drives/RAID
- Ability to use HP iLO remote administration of servers
- Ability to install, configure, security harden, maintain, patch, back-up systems running RHEL 4 & 5
- Ability to administer VMware and ESXi Servers
- Ability to evaluate, suggest options and implement the integration of servers into Microsoft AD domains/centralized LDAP repositories
- Ability to create a baseline server image for deployment on other servers
- Excellent problem solving skills, advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicating and coordinating work among other system administrators, software developers, systems engineering teams, mission engineering, management and customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with minimal guidance/supervision and complete projects according to schedule. Candidate must have CISSP or CASP certification
Desired skills - Experience SW in support of DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 509 certification of servers - Experience with IIS - Experience with SQL Server database administration - Experience with Powershell and other industry scripting protocols
Documented experience and training with VERITAS products. Experience with networks, firewalls, and switches is desired. Experience with system or application administration for web-based applications, web-based COTS products is also desired
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Herndon Virginia