Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space is looking for a Flight Software Engineer for the Orion program, supporting the Network Control and Infrastructure Systems (NCIS) team. This team is responsible for the Orion spacecraft network systems.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for all Video software products, both ground and flight software for both design, development, integration and test
Responsible for promoting Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps capabilities
Responsible for design products and processes to streamline Video development and integration for EM-2
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience utilizing an integrated development environment (IDE)
• Experience with Object Oriented Software Design
• Proficiency with C / C++
• Python / Scripting Experience
• Experience with software integration and debugging techniques
• Linux / Unix experience
• A demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• The ability to work well in a team environment and independently
• Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (such as Perforce, GIT, Tortoise SVN, or equivalent)
• Audio/Video over IP development experience
• IBM Rhapsody / Model Driven development
• Green Hills Integrity / Embedded programming
• VxWorks programming
• Test case, procedure development, and execution experience
• Experience with L2 and L3 network protocols, development, configuration and HW/SW integration
• Experience in spacecraft avionics design and development
• Automated mission sequencing knowledge/experience
• Experience with Goddard Core Flight Software
• General Orion experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.