Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Manager in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Join a talented team of Orion Software engineers and Leaders engaged in the design and fabrication of the only deep space, human-rated spacecraft that will take humans farther than we have ever gone before.
Learn more about Orion.
This opening is for a Flight Software Manager for the NASA Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV) Program supporting Guidance, Navigation, Controls and Propulsion (GNCP) Software Integrated Multidisciplinary (SWIM) Team. You will serve as a first line manager responsible for providing technical and functional leadership to a team of 10-20 software engineers to ensure successful execution to cost, schedule, and work product commitments.
Duties will include:
• creating a resource loaded software design, development, and test plan.
• report on relative status and metrics pertaining to execution results and effectivity.
• provide technical guidance to the design, development, documentation, and testing of a large, complex, FSW product
• participate in release planning activities, escalation and removal team impediments, and management of risk
• coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary planning, recognition/disciplinary actions, and engineering competency development
• collaborate with program management to plan and execute personnel assignments to match staffing demands
• contribute to or lead cost estimating efforts for engineering change requests
• foster a collaborative environment with our NASA GNCP team partners
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Proven experience in full life cycle Software Development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven technical leadership skills with ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
• Experience developing detailed plans in support of technical assignments
• Prior experience in Human Space Flight programs
• Prior experience in Guidance, Navigation, Controls and Propulsion software
• Prior engineering management experience including task planning, resource management, and employee development and mentoring
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
• Experience working in technical teams across multiple locations
• Integration and test experience with large complex software systems
• Continuous integration experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.