Lockheed Martin Sustainment Director - Hill AFB in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Description: The Hill AFB Sustainment Leader will be located in Ogden, Utah and will be responsible for the leadership and execution of sustainment activities in support of Hill Air Force Base.
• Lead the Sustainment Operations efforts at Hill AFB to include:
- Achieve schedule, technical and quality performance targets in support of program strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Assess, Evaluate, and facilitate process improvements efforts to maximize partnership outcomes
- Maximize strengths of Lockheed Martin to deliver more readiness at less cost in concert with Depot partners
- Maintain oversight of MRO delivers to ensure on-time and on-cost deliveries
- Facilitate an strengthen relations with USG customers and Partners
- Interface with programs, functions and suppliers to ensure fulfillment of needs, achievement of customer satisfaction, and growth in the line of business.
- Provide strategic guidance to facilitate new business growth and business retention.
- Direct and principal Sustainment point of contact for execution and delivery of Sustainment products and services: Coordinates daily with Program counterparts;
- Responsible for leading the Program Sustainment functional operations both domestically and internationally;
- Provides planning and leadership for the various functional teams that deploy services to the field;
- Delivers products and services to the customers through matrixed/deployed personnel and suppliers;
- Nurtures collaborative relationship with Program Office counterparts;
- Directs planning, scheduling, and implementation of sustainment operations and on-going activities with services/countries;
- Create a strong Public / Private Partnership culture within the Hill AFB / Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Air Force Sustainment Center and Air Force Material Command organizations.
***Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: • Previous aircraft sustainment experience.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience with international customer plans and operational usage.
• 10+ years experience leading projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Program leadership experience.
• Previous experience working and leading in a matrix environment.
• Experience working simultaneously with multiple platforms.
• Strong organization, planning and time management.
• Demonstrated leadership and managerial capabilities, including the ability to establish strategy and direction, as well as manage, coach, train, and motivate employees.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to address complex matters/solutions with leadership.
• Masters degree.
• Bachelors degree with 10+ years relevant experience.
• Leadership experience.
• Strategy and execution – full cycle including failures experience.
• Experience in core business operations.
• Experience working with high risk / high visibility situations that are risky in terms of potential failure, costs, and/or labor impact.
• Experience with implementation of a new program/process and/or leading a continuous improvement, culture change and driving affordability.
• Proven record of successful staff development.
• Experience across multiple BAs/LOBs and sites, exposure to different financial structures, and international/cross cultural experiences.
• Project management - experience related to the implementation of key programs (e.g., technology upgrade, new facility).
• Demonstrated ability to work laterally across functional bounds for internal customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.