Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Staff /Control Acount Manager (mid-career level) in Houston, Texas
Description: Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Lockheed Martin is the prime contractor building NASA's Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle, the only spacecraft designed for long-duration, human-rated deep space exploration. Orion will transport humans to interplanetary destinations beyond low Earth orbit, such as the moon and eventually Mars, and return them safely back to Earth. Be a part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. We are inspired by innovation and integrity and believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, everything is within our reach.
Our facility in Houston, TX has an exciting Project Engineer Staff /Control Account Manager (CAM) opportunity to work within the ORION program. In this role you will perform CAM duties for the Software Engineering Control Accounts (CA) on the Software Integrated Product Team (IPT) and report to the responsible Subsystem Leader within the SW IPT. Your duties will include leading, planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account with a total dollar span of control of over $60M annually. In a typical day:
•You will handle control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers
•You will work with partnering organizations (Supply Chain, PMP (Parts, Material and Processes), Quality, etc.) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the life-cycle
•You’ll identify cost threats and develop opportunities, bringing them forward to Subsystem lead, the Software IPT, and Program for review and integration into the Threats and Opportunities database
•You’ll develop and implement mitigation plans for threats
•You will run a significant number of Class 1 proposal offers and opportunities
•You will conduct regular and thorough cost performance and variance analyses, manage cost and schedule performance mitigation activities, and manage corrective actions
•You will provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Subsystem, IPT, and Program. Maintain an in-depth understanding of parts procurements, headcount challenges, resource constraints, safety, and quality issues.
•You’ll complete all Earned Value Management assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete reviews, schedule status, variance reporting, comprehensive estimates at complete, and proposal tasks.
•And, you’ll handle all financial matters for the team, be the point of contact (POC) to manage rolling wave, POC to manage all contractual actions (ensure correct and consistent Estimate/ BOEs) ,POC to manage all formal Change Requests from the Customer, work staffing profiles, maintain current LM (site) and subcontract rates, provide subcontract management, POC for PPBE (Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution - Yearly NASA Budget exercise), POC for all financial drills, balance financials across the teams, provide financial data for Program Review Board packages, POC for financial data for Quarterly Program Periodic Review charts, manage Threats and Opportunities (including scrubs).
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience. .
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•25 three-day weekends
•Rewards & recognition
• Bachelors degree in a technical and/or business oriented discipline with 7-9 years of relevant experience
• General technical knowledge of spacecraft or aircraft flight hardware design, development, testing, and certification processes
• Previous CAM (Control Account Manager) or project lead/management experience with Earned Value Management responsibilities. Skill proficiency to include:
o Earned Value Process
o Rolling Wave Planning
o Authoring monthly variants
o Work Authorization Directive (WAD) process
o Managing Resource Allocation Matrix (RAM)
o EXCEL (Pivot Tables/Macros)
• Demonstrated understanding of program planning and management
• Understanding of the configuration management processes (product structure, review boards, etc.)
• Understanding of engineering processes (engineering release, requirements definition, design, analysis, verification)
• Understanding of production processes and work flows
• Knowledge of the life-cycle development program and how early milestones drive future costs
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance highly preferred
• Working knowledge of SAP (ability to trace demand, hardware orders, etc)
• Proficiency with Material Earned Value (MEV) system
• Demonstrated proficiency in developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for changes/proposals
• Proficiency in preparing MRs (material Requests)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project
• Proficiency with ACCESS Database
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Previous Proposal, BOE (Basis of Estimate) & Negotiations experience
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.