Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Asc in Houston, Texas
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our world is a dynamic place, more so today than ever before. Come join us at Lockheed Martin Space as we design and build vital satellites, develop new technologies and craft new capabilities that protect our nation. If you love all things space and have the drive to tackle some of the nation's most important security challenges, then Space Systems is the place for you to make a difference. Do what matters.
What does this role look like?
• Primarily collaborates with project leads and System Engineers for software architecture decisions.
• Perform software engineering lifecycle requirements following the program Software Development Plan (SDP) to include requirements analysis, object oriented analysis & design (OOD), code & unit test, integration, and support to formal test and delivery.
• Participate in technical reviews and audits of software products. Utilize Model Based Design approaches. Support development of complex system internal and external interfaces.
• This position requires interaction, planning and coordination with multiple software development, spacecraft engineering and data engineering/maintenance teams.
This opening supports a variety of Software Engineering positions within Lockheed Martin Space in our Houston TX location. Some of these positions may require security clearances and may be subject to security investigation.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with Computer Science and Computer Engineering studies or other related discipline from an accredited college/university.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires US Citizenship.
• JAVA, Python, C, C++, C#, Labview, lab windows
• OS background to include Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows; Object Oriented Methodologies and UML Modeling Techniques.
• Fundamental knowledge of program planning principles.
• Experience developing real-time embedded software.
• Experience with single board computers and real-time operating systems.
• Hardware/software integration.
• Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems, hardware, telemetry, command & control.
• IBM Rational, Clearcase or equivalent SW CM Tool, Suites
• IBM Rational ClearQuest or equivalent.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College