Lockheed Martin Administrative Assistant in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: This Administrative Assistant will perform diverse duties, which by nature of the position involve high-level contacts with other Lockheed Martin executives, U.S. and foreign partner companies, and senior Government customers. Exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy. Since assignments will change on a frequent basis, the Administrative Assistant must be able to utilize judgment and initiative to complete daily tasks, relying on knowledge in a variety of clerical, computer, and secretarial applications to complete those tasks. Requires coordination with other administrative assistants for coverage of shared responsibilities and projects.
Visitor coordination and reception
* Helps coordinate visits to the facility for people planning to visit assigned Executives, to include proficiency with LM visit management systems
* Ensures visitors are escorted to and from the Executive Area / meeting location
* Assists visitor with maps, directions, hotel accommodations, local amenities, and internal resources
* Provides visitors with local instructions and resource requirements.
Executive conference room calendars and meeting coordination
* Ensures Executive Conference Rooms are equipped appropriately and properly arranged for all meetings
* Coordinates, prioritizes, and maintains rooms to ensure availability for facility leadership.
* Coordinates with meeting sponsors for meals/refreshments when required
* Completes (for approval) and submits expense reports and requests for payment for refreshments/meals
* Issues meeting notices using Microsoft Outlook
* Sets up meetings, Skype Meetings, Conference Calls and VTCs for assigned executives in the appropriate locations and ensures they are connected prior to start time.
* Coordinates and arranges travel (mainly domestic) using the LM travel system for reservations.
* Submits approved expense reports upon completion of travel and file documentation
* Prepares receipt packages for reconciliation of Corporate credit card account statements (if requested).
This Administrative Assistant will need to obtain a Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship required in order to be considered.
Desired Skills: - Active Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of military protocol and etiquette.
- Creation of or familiarity with high-level executive processes.
- Microsoft Office application proficiency to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively with personnel / teammates / visitors / customers at all levels.
- Experience working in a team environment, providing direct support to executive level management and other office personnel.
- Must have demonstrated excellent attention to detail and quality of work.
- Must be a self-starter and recognize and take actions to run an efficient office.
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to emerging challenges and frequent changes.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.