Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineer Sr in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Join the Lockheed Martin team in our Air Force Programs team where we are doing cutting edge engineering on missions of national strategic importance. Help us build on our more than 60 year history of supporting of our Air Force customer, while we develop systems for the next 60 years.
Valley Forge, PA or Huntsville, AL:
Senior Electronics Engineer will provide technical and programmatic support on various Hypersonic programs.
Specific duties for the Electronics Engineer will include
1. Design of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE)
2. Support avionics, failure analysis and worst case analysis of ground support systems.
3. Support the program office, technical experts, and support staff to meet the demanding needs various programs.
4. Interaction with the customer is required as well as some travel.
* Ability to obtain required for this role.
* This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
Desired Skills: • The prospective candidate should have experience in the following areas:
• Evaluating electrical systems, products, and components
• Familiar with the availability and use of high reliability components (active and passive)
• High speed design, including pulsed circuits
• design including interfacing to FPGA/ASIC controllers
• Application, design and analysis of DC/DC converters, AC/DC converters, including assessment of stability (frequency response and real time methods) and dynamic performance
• Proficient in detailed analysis methods to support current design and assess existing and proposed designs of circuits and systems.
• Familiar with the application and use of Worst Case Analysis
methodologies, including Extreme Value Analysis (EVA), Root Sum Square analysis (RSS) and Monte Carlos analysis.
• Use of engineering tools, including Mathcad, MATLAB and Maple
• Use of spiced based circuit tools, including creation of custom models
• Design of protection methods to guard against ESD, EMP, SGEMP and general conducted susceptibility stimulus per MIL-STD-461F, CS101 thru CS116
• Knowledge of performance limitation of active and passive circuits during and after exposure to weapon level radiation environments
• Experience with design mitigation and compensation schemes required to create rad hard circuits and systems
• Experience with designing grounding systems for low noise in low and high .
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
'• Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related degree.
• Understanding of Electrical or Electronics theories and principles.
• Design of Power, Analog, or Digital Electronic circuitry.
* This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.