Lockheed Martin Experienced Weapon Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dynamic, hardworking experienced weapon systems engineer to support a new Hypersonics weapons program. As such, you will:
• Work closely with program leaders and direct a small team to provide the best, integrated solution that meets overall performance, cost and schedule needs. You and your team of Systems Engineers will perform critical functions, including:
• Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
• Establishing system architecture and CONOPS
• Performing system trades and analysis
• Flowing down the architecture and CONOPS into requirements and interfaces
• Supporting verification planning
• Air & Missile Defense, Strike Weapon, or other large scale weapon system experience
• Experience in performing Systems Engineering functions, such as:
a) System Trade studies and/or System modeling
b) System architecture or CONOPS development
c) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
d) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
e) Design reviews
• Strong team collaboration, communication and leadership skills
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or closely related field
• DoD Secret Security Clearance
• 12+ years of experience in Missile Weapon Systems
• Customer interaction and familiarity with the DoD Labs/Facilities
• Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, principles and tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
• Broad experience of Systems Engineering life cycle process and tools
• Proposal preparation and negotiation
• Knowledge of program management, finance, contracts, Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, customers, and leadership
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Experience in Ballistic Missile System modeling, analysis, and designs including Missiles, Launchers, Radars, and C2
• Experience in Army Field Artillery Concepts of Operations, Force Structure, and Command & Control
• Experience in the following or similar engineering tools: [SysML/Cameo Magic Draw, DOORS, MATLAB, Architecture Framework such as DoDAF, Model Center]
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.