Lockheed Martin LRHW SE PT Lead in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dynamic, hardworking Systems Engineering Product Team Leader to support a new Hypersonics weapons program. As such, you will:
• Manage Systems and Project Engineering resources for the program, and provide programmatic and proposal support
• Provide guidance to a Systems Engineering team to include full Systems Engineering lifecycle processes, from architecture and requirements development through weapons system operations and integration, and their application to the program
• Provide oversight and support to critical program area Engineering skill development
• Utilize your background and functional leadership experience to help deliver on this critical program
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or closely related field
• Systems Engineering process knowledge or experience and complete lifecycle experience with Engineering processes and reviews
• Familiarity with DoD program support
• Demonstrated Program/Project Management and/or leadership skills
• DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Aiir & Missile Defense, Strike Weapon, or other large scale weapon system Leadership
• Experience with Requirements, CONOPs, Interfaces, and Trade Studies
• 12+ years of experience in Missile Weapon Systems
• Customer interaction and familiarity with the DoD Labs/Facilities
• Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, principles and tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
• Broad experience of Systems Engineering life cycle process and tools
• Proposal preparation and negotiation
• Knowledge of program management, finance, contracts, Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, customers, and leadership
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.