Lockheed Martin Project Engineer, Huntsville or Sunnyvale in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: This Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting the THAAD Ground Component New Business team. The main role of the New Business Team within the context of proposal development is to provide support and oversight as well as acquisition strategy to the ACD, FMS, TFSC, and Production contracts within the Ground/Missile Component. The Project Engineer will work across the THAAD contracts to evolve program needs into a full defined, on-contract project with the US Government. This involves the entire acquisition life cycle from pre-coordination with Government, developing ROMs and Proposals, and supporting negotiations with the customer and Subcontractors. The Project Engineer role requires close coordination of technical and schedule requirements with internal Lockheed Martin Subject Matter Experts and occasional Government counterparts.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for helping Proposal Managers in proposal development, fact-finding, negotiation, definitization, and execution kick-off. The Project Engineer will be responsible for maintaining status charts for the THAAD Development program New Business Team. The Project Engineer must be able to work effectively in fast paced and dynamic environments and be able to lead effectively across all business functions. Program management and cross functional leadership skills are requisite to success in this position. Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between component management and program teams.
Skills needed for the Project Engineer role include writing engineering cost estimates, writing basis of estimates, project management, cost account management, and proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or field related to job duties
- Engineering cost estimates
- Expert in writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Good communications and critical thinking skills
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Familiarity with the THAAD weapon system, capabilities, and CONOPS and/or similar Missile systems
- Project or Program management training or experience on IDIQ or other contracts
- Cost Account Management (CAM)
- Writing or reviewing Bases of Estimates
- Delivering systems engineering or hardware products to government customers
- Full product lifecycle
- Presenting to senior government and/or Lockheed Martin leaders
- Leading a proposal or leading key sections of proposals
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.