Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Sr in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• Primary tasking will be driving execution while tracking and maintaining status and metrics showing the team's progress (eg: monthly EVM status and updates, Customer furnished equipment management, and other programs tasks as they are defined).
• Experience in cost and schedule management for multiple projects is desired but not required.
• It is also expected that the ideal candidate will engage in and be fully cognizant of the team’s products and services.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to easily convey information/data
- Positive attitude, accountable and responsible
- Demonstrated record of task execution, demonstrated initiative and be a motivated self-starter
- Adept at Microsoft Office (eg: powerpoint, excel)
- Requires an Interim Secret.
- Familiarity with Missile Defense programs
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency Customer
- Experience working as a supplier
- Microsoft Project experience
- Strong technical skills
- Proposal and/or cost estimating experience
- Engineering or Technical experience or education
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.