Lockheed Martin Project Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Project Engineer at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? Join the Terminal High Altitude Area Defence (THAAD) Team.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the THAAD New Business team. The main role of the New Business Team within the context of proposal development is to provide support and oversight as well as acquisition strategy to the ACD, TFSC, FMS, and Production contracts for the program.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Proposal management across the THAAD contracts to evolve program needs into a fully defined, on contract project with the US Government.
• Involves the entire acquisition life cycle from pre-coordination with Government, developing ROMs and Proposals, and supporting negotiations with the customer and Subcontractors.
• Coordinating technical and schedule requirements with internal Lockheed Martin Subject Matter Experts.
• Working effectively in fast paced and dynamic environments.
• Ability to learn across all business functions.
• Supports management and operational aspects of ongoing projects.
Program management skills are requisite to success in this position. The candidate will exercise broad latitude in ensuring RFP requirements are met, resources and schedule are sufficient to execute the task order, and a satisfactory business position is achieved through bid and negotiations. Program management skills are requisite to success in this position.
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Candidate exercises considerable latitude in resolving programmatic objectives and approaches to assignments. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
Our Project Engineers ensure successful execution of our fast pace, exciting projects. Project Engineers work closely with Program Management, Strategists, and the customer to understand and craft the technical scope, schedule, and cost of a project.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience in a lead role
• Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Project Engineering, or related experience
• Previous experience as an interface or representative to external customers/stakeholders
• Excellent social skills and ability to travel as required
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Previous experience with proposal, new business, or capture process
• Familiarity with the THAAD weapon system, capabilities, and CONOPS and/or similar Missile systems
• Project/Program management training or experience on IDIQ or other contracts
• Cost Account Management (CAM) experience, experience writing or reviewing Bases of Estimates
• Experience delivering systems engineering or hardware products to government customers
• Experience across a product lifecycle
• Experience presenting to senior government and/or Lockheed Martin leaders
• Experience leading a proposal or leading key sections of proposals
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.