Lockheed Martin Project Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Project Engineer in a lead role at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? You will be responsible for working as the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Acquisition/Proposal Lead focusing on FMS and other future contracts. The main role of the THAAD New Business Team within the context of proposal development is to provide leadership and oversight as well as acquisition strategy to the THAAD ACD, TFSC, Production, and FMS contracts.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Collecting and organizing Component inputs, working new business vs. execution issues, and Basis of Estimate (BOE) review.
• Understanding of Task Orders and CLIN structures is paramount to the success of this role.
• The primary responsibility of this Lead will be to work with the appropriate groups who handle inputs to our proposals.
• Close coordinating of technical and schedule requirements with multiple teams (technical and finance) within THAAD including the interface between Sunnyvale, Huntsville and Dallas NB Teams.
• Working effectively in fast paced and dynamic environments.
• Leading effectively across all business functions.
• Program management and cross functional leadership skills are requisite to success in this position.
• Handles and is responsible for the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; handles schedules and prepares status reports.
• Lead responsibilities including training and guiding junior team members.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• At least 9 years’ experience in project management, systems engineering, and/or new business efforts.
• Previous experience as an interface or representative to external customers/stakeholders.
• Previous experience with Request for Proposals (RFP) process and evaluation.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to travel as required.
• Ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
• Strong organization, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Able to develop strategic process improvement for the assigned team and look for ways to implement in the organization.
• Challenge driven leader with proven track record of meeting objectives and executing on commitments.
• Ability to manage escalations and appropriately communicate to all stake-holders and executive staff.
• Familiarity with business processes (invoicing, billing, funding, etc.) in the context of prime and subcontracts.
• Experience with IDIQ contracts.
• Familiarity with THAAD weapon system elements, capabilities and CONOPS.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.