Lockheed Martin Software Engineer / Architect in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: This position is for a Software Architect on the Command, Control, Battle Management Communications (C2BMC) program for the US Ballistic Missile Defense System.
Responsibilities include requirements assessment, software design, documentation, development, unit testing and integration. Applicant must be able to work independently, research and solve problems quickly and work effectively with other software developers. Knowledge of systems software design/development and military standards is expected.
Must be willing to work in fast paced environment.
Minimal to no travel expected.
Applicant must be proficient in Java and have had hands-on experience in object oriented design and development. Software development is currently in an Eclipse IDE and target platforms are Windows and Linux.
Candidate must posses Security+ certification (IAT - Level II).
Required Qualifications include:
- Proven ability to span between architecture and code
- Experience with Web client and services architectures
- Experience with Map client architectures and implementations such as WorldWind, Cesium, and Luciad/Hexagon
- Experience with Web socket communications
Candidate must have experience in the integration of separate software packages into a single system.
Candidate must have Missile Defense or Integrated Air and Missile Defense domain experience.
Desired skills for this position include:
- Experience with the following COTS/Shareware is preferred: DOORS, maven, Clearcase or git, Cearquest or equivalent work flow management tool, Enterprise Architect or equiv UML modeling tool, static code analysis tool (e.g. Fortify, checkstyle, findbugs), JEE application server (JBoss, Apache Tomcat)
- Secure programming practices, Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance, STIG compliance, client / server programming techniques, and threaded programming.
- Agile Development, Automated Testing, and Design by Contract a plus.
- Software generation (actual coding) and troubleshooting analysis for large integrated systems. Prior work experience on requirement development, design refinement, coding and integration.
- Proven team leadership and exceptional people skills
- Proven innovation leadership
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.