Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Asc in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
What does this role look like?
• Primarily collaborates with project leads and System Engineers for software architecture decisions.
• Perform software engineering lifecycle requirements following the program Software Development Plan (SDP) to include requirements analysis, object oriented analysis & design (OOD), code & unit test, integration, and support to formal test and delivery.
• Participate in technical reviews and audits of software products. Utilize Model Based Design approaches. Support development of complex system internal and external interfaces.
• This position requires interaction, planning and coordination with multiple software development, spacecraft engineering and data engineering/maintenance teams.
• Ability to obtain Secret Clearance required for this role.
This opening supports a variety of Software Engineering positions within Lockheed Martin Space in Huntsville, Alabama. These positions may require security clearances and are subject to security investigation.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with Computer Science and Computer Engineering studies or other related discipline from an accredited college/university.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires US Citizenship.
Background to include:
• Python, C, C++, LABVIEW, LAB WINDOWS programming experience, Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows, Object Oriented Methodologies and UML Modeling Techniques.
• Fundamental knowledge of program planning principles.
• Experience developing real-time embedded software.
• Experience with single board computers and real-time operating systems.
• Hardware/software integration.
• IBM Rational, Clearcase or equivalent SW CM Tool, Suites, IBM Rational ClearQuest or equivalent.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College