Lockheed Martin Sr Contracts Negotiator in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. This position supports Hypersonics Programs within the Strategic Missile Defense Line of Business within Lockheed Martin Space.
The successful candidate will provide Contracts administration support by reviewing and interpreting contract requirements, contract change impacts, extending and administering IWTAs and requests for proposal / ROMs. The individual will be proficient in understanding contract terms, articulating those positions to the business and ensuring the program teams are able to effectively understand the impacts of the agreements reached with the Customer.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Ensure contract responsibilities are compliant with LM Policies and Procedures and implementing business strategies for new business opportunities.
- Manage, participate in and/or conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex and strategic contracting issues which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders from other organizations, including regular senior management level briefings on key issues.
- High-level understanding of FAR/DFARS contracting to work effectively and independently in a dynamic, strategic, highly visible, multi-location environment within tight deadlines.
- Experience with multiple contract types (FFP, FPIF, CPFF, CPAF/IF, T&M).
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Detail and teamwork oriented.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.