Lockheed Martin Subcontracts Manager (staff management role) in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for a senior level Subcontracts Manager who wants to be part of this mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Supply Chain team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your subcontracts management skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
In this role, you will manage subcontract staff members who support the SMD line of business for Huntsville-based programs. Current programs include Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW), Redesigned Kill Vehicle (RKV) and Targets programs. Efforts will include:
• Proactive management of all subcontract efforts including proposals and program execution
• Direct and manage all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor
• Seamless integration with Subcontract Program Managers (SPMs) and program IPTs
• Compliance to the procurement process, managing workload within the team
• Coordinating employee selection and training, performance assessments, work assignments, salary and recognition/disciplinary actions
To be successful, the ability to engage and communicate effectively with higher levels of program, supply chain management, and supplier leadership will be vital.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree
• 5+ years of relevant supply chain experience
• Prior personnel management experience in a formal leadership role
• Experience in supporting all subcontract types (cost reimbursable, fixed price), negotiations, terms and conditions, incentive arrangements, order placement
• Working knowledge of FAR
• Working knowledge of a procurement to payment system supporting government contracts
• Experience in supporting government contracts and proposals
• Exhibiting growth/knowledge in subcontract management
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have an active Secret security clearance
• Prefer a Bachelors degree in a business or technical discipline
• Knowledge of supply chain inputs supporting both competitive and non-competitive prime proposals
• Knowledge of supply chain fundamentals such as affordability and total cost of ownership.
• Familiarity with data analytics and associated tools such as Tableau or equivalent.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.