Lockheed Martin Subcontracts Program Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
What does this role look like?
Lockheed Martin Space in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for a Subcontracts Program Manager. This would be a senior level (individual contributor) professional who wants to be part of this mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Supply Chain team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your subcontracts management skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of new efforts in the Strategic and Missile Defense line of business. You will serve as a Lead for Subcontract Management Teams (SCMT) for critical subcontractor efforts within the SMD Line of Business. Responsibilities will include:
• Driving all aspects of major subcontract execution (cost, schedule, technical, quality) and full integration of the subcontract work scope within the program, e.g. proposals, negotiations, contract execution, etc.
• Seamless integration of Subcontracts, Engineering, Quality, Finance, and Planning organizations.
• Work closely with the Subcontract Manager (SCM) and SCA teams
• Serve as the main focal point to the subcontractor and accountable to the Program Manager and Supply Chain leadership
• As Lockheed Martin and Program Management interface with the supplier, you will need to be able to critically analyze a diverse set of issues, and communicate effectively to Customer, LM, and Supplier executive leadership.
• Frequent travel to major subcontractor sites is anticipated (25% - 50%).
• Our employees working in this level of position typically have 14 - 20 years of professional experience .
To be successful, you need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
• 8+ years of relevant subcontract program management experience
• Relevant experience in the support of both Development and Production prime contracts including proposal submittals
• Experience in establishing scope of work and writing technical or non-technical documentation (e.g. Specifications, Statements of Work, Contracts/Subcontracts, Supplier Deliverables).
• Experience in supporting all subcontract types (cost reimbursable, fixed price), negotiations, terms and conditions, incentive arrangements, order placement
• Working knowledge of FAR
• Control Account Management and EVM experience
• Ability to travel up to 25%-50%
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have, and be able to maintain, an active Secret Level Security clearance.
To be successful, ideally, you should have:
• Familiarity with data analytics and associated tools such as Tableau or equivalent
• Program Management training
• Experience transitioning products from development to production
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical, including on-site medical care
• Paid time off including, 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. …just to name a few reasons to joinLockheed Martin Space!
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.