Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This Systems Engineer Manager position provides support to the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Weapon System Engineering (WSE) and will report to the WSE manger. As the Systems Engineer Manager, you will manage the design and analysis team.
- Functional activities for the group
- Overall schedule for system design and analysis which includes preparing for System Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs)
- Co-chair of the THAAD Problem Reports (PRs) database
- Present results of design, analysis, and performance assessments to THAAD leadership and the customer
- Support the Requirements & Verification team with analysis for Requirement updates
- Coordinate with Components on design updates & issue resolution
- Coordinate with the WSE Cost Account Manager (CAM) for the groups activities
- Support the WSE manager as needed
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- System performance analysis and system design
- Leading a technical group
- MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Secret security clearance
- Previous Ballistic Missile Defense System BMDS (i.e. THAAD, Aegis, GMD) experience
- THAAD or BMDS analysis
- Master's degree in a related technical field
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.