Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Requirements and Verification Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for work in many of the Systems Engineering phases to include:
- Requirements development, allocation/derivation, maintenance, and verification/validation
- Supporting and/or leading major program reviews including Pre-Ship Readiness Reviews (PSRR)
- Supporting the RKV requirements verification process to include development of Verification and Test Plans
- Participating in Specification and Interface Control Document development
- Coordinating and/or performing various analyses in support of RKV requirements verification
- Lead other Systems Engineers in these efforts
Some travel will be required.
Skills for the Systems Engineer role include: DOORS, Matlab, CREO, NASTRAN, SINDA, electrical design, mechanical design, testing, requirements identification, system-level compatibility assessment, CONOPS, and Secret security clearance.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an Engineering program or closely related technical field
- Microsoft Office
- Systems engineering processes including one or more of the following:
1) requirements identification, decomposition and allocation
2) interface control document and specification development and management
3) requirements implementation and verification assessment
4) system-level compatibility assessments (electrical and/or mechanical) and other system-level integration analyses
5) CONOPs development and maintenance
- DoD Secret security clearance
- Team leadership experience
- Customer interface experience
- Support to major design reviews, RV/target/missile systems engineering and operations
- DOORS, MatLab, and/or other design and/or analysis tools, such as CREO, NASTRAN, SINDA, etc.
- Electrical and/or mechanical design, testing, troubleshooting, and failure investigation
- Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) and/or Certified Test Conductor (CTC) certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.