Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Senior Manager, THAAD, Huntsville in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: THAAD Weapon Systems Engineering Senior Manager responsible for providing leadership to a diverse engineering team located in Huntsville, AL, Sunnyvale, CA and Woburn, MA. Primary duties include:
Responsible for all Weapon Systems Engineering efforts on THAAD including requirements and baseline control, system architecture and design, digital simulations development, detailed weapon system performance and Mission Operational analysis, Flight Test Planning and readiness assessments, Ballistic Missile Threat assessments, and BMDS Integration.
The Systems Engineer Senior Manager shapes and drives technical content of Advanced Concepts and Design, program execution, IRAD and BD pursuits, and proposals across USG and FMS customers. Ensures Weapon System design and performance integration across THAAD Component organizations and products, including integration across USG and Industry boundaries to drive THAAD Radar (GFX) design and performance compatibility iaw Weapon System requirements. The Systems Engineer Senior Manager is the primary Lockheed Martin organization reaching across Government organizations to ensure successful integration with the BMDS. Responsible for Planning and executing THAAD System Engineering Reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR). Responsible for ensuring consistent and repeatable SE Reviews across the program.
Ensure active collaboration between the LOB and Engineering on critical needs and issues throughout the program. Interface with Sr. Management on Program, within LM, MDA, Army and FMS customers on regular basis.
Desired Skills: - Chief Systems Engineering experience
- MDA customer experience
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a customer/contractor team environment
- A record of strong customer interactions
- Proven Leadership skills and experience leading employees to perform productively and foster relationships
- Ability to develop technical talent and to build technical pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the organization
- Work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 10 years of successful technical and leadership experience with demonstrated expertise in complex Weapon Systems development and sustainment
- Extensive knowledge and application of systems engineering processes (e.g., risk management, system design, analysis and simulation, requirements & verification, system integration)
- Full product life cycle (e.g., architecture development, CONOPS, requirements definition, design, qualification, test verification, integration assembly and test)
- Managing technical, schedule and cost for a program, project or product
- Leading a large, diverse team, including subcontractors
- Drive closure and resolve technical and programmatic issues/challenges
- Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.