Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin .
At the dawn of a new age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our team is seeking a Systems Engineer to support Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Ground Systems Development (GSD) program. In this role you will work in one of the four THAAD Fire Control and Communications (TFCC) Systems Engineering teams: Project Integration and Execution; System Architecture, Requirements & Verification; Force Operations (FO); Engagement Operations (EO).
You will work with and support other engineers in various areas such as the development of Concept of Operations for FO and EO, project execution, requirements development and verification, algorithm design and development via model base engineering, trade studies and/or system engineering analysis of test results. This role is primarily focused in our systems engineering analysis area (EO and FO area).
As a Systems Engineer , you will:
- Conduct requirements development
- Be responsible for algorithm prototyping within the TFCC suite of modeling and simulation tools
- Develop new analysis tools, conduct analysis for assessment of prototype design
- Generate Algorithm Description Documentation (ADD) of final designs
- Support software development teams for formal software development and test activities
- Support program planning, and program execution status activities, and proposal development for new efforts
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Systems Engineering or related experience
• Algorithm development and/or data analysis or system analysis
• Engineering degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related field including mathematics degree with a physics based focus; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• US Citizen with ability to obtain Secret security clearance
• Systems Engineering or related experience/education
• Concept of Operations/System Architecture
• Requirements definition or decomposition or working with requirements documents
• Requirements and Verification
• Algorithm development/Model Based Engineering
• Engineering / physics based modeling and simulation preferably with MATLAB, C, C+ tools
• Experience using DOORs/ClearCase/ClearQuest as a requirements management database or similar tool
• Experience in Missile Defense Concepts and Interoperability or other Command and Control aerospace systems
• Program/project planning and execution
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Word)
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.