Lockheed Martin Project Manager / LCS Sustainment in Jacksonville, Florida
Description: This individual will be responsible for providing both "hands-on" support as well as leading a team that provides direct technical and logistics support for the LCS Sustainment Program in the Jacksonville/Mayport, FL area. This position is part of the RMS IWSS Global Sustainment organization and reports directly to the Virginia Beach Operations/IWSS Field Services Sr. Manager. Specific program related tasking for this position/group will be provided by the LCS Sustainment program management organization. The technical role to be performed will be to serve as the LCS Sustainment’s Functional Product Lead charged with the supervision of maintenance availability execution and may include providing ship engineering expertise to investigate, plan and estimate ship repair and modernization efforts in support of LCS In-Service Ship Design activities. The individual will be required to travel to a ship’s location for planning or execution support on an as-required basis. Specific technical activities to be performed will include:
1. Manage the execution of ship repair availabilities, coordinating industry work within the allotted schedule to meet our Navy Customer’s requirements.
2. Independently review design and repair specifications for the maintenance of Mission Systems (including C3I) and Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems;
3. Evaluate warranty work items for applicability and design solutions to correct discrepancies;
4. Provide input for the update for LCS 1 Class ships technical publications;
5. Validate and document material deficiencies on LCS 1 Class Ships;
6. Travel (potentially 5%-15%) and work in a shipyard/shipboard environment.
In addition to the technical aspect of their role, this individual shall provide functional group leadership including: performance management and other related administrative support activities for assigned personnel; assist with management report inputs and development as required; interact with other Virginia Beach Operations and Global Sustainment staff members and function as part of the IWSS RMSS team; and perform other related activities that may be assigned.
1. Demonstrated full spectrum leadership capabilities and strong HM&E and shipboard systems background;
2. Minimum of five years of relevant experience planning, estimating, or managing US Navy ship maintenance/repair.
3. Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translate ship drawings, and communicate implementation approaches and deficiencies.
4. Ability to build effective relationships with Ship’s Crew and Navy customers.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
6. Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
1. Underway assignment aboard commercial or military ships.
2. Navy ship engineering and systems familiarity.
3. Navy maintenance process and resources familiarity.
4. Experience with Joint Forces Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and specifically with the development of 4E Work Specifications.
5. Navy ship Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E); deck equipment; and combat systems equipment and overall system level experience.
6. Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
7. Knowledge of the LCS Program, LCS ships and their systems.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.