Lockheed Martin Waterfron Technical Team Lead in Jacksonville, Florida
Description: The LCS Sustainment Waterfront Technical Team Lead will work as the Lockheed Martin technical representative to investigate, evaluate and provide technical guidance for Marine engineering issues. They will work in the shipyards and the at the waterfronts where the ships are located. This person shall coordinate the activities of the Industry Team as required. This job will also include a role as the Ship Superintendent if required. They are expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Be the onsite technical point of contact for all work items assigned and lead the actions of the onsite technical team.
2. Independently develop, and review, design specifications for the maintenance of Mission Systems (including C3I) and Hull, Mechanical, Electrical
3. Coordinate with the In-Service Ship Design Team.
4. Assist other engineers, technicians troubleshooting, and repairs.
5. Validate and document material deficiencies on LCS 1 Class Ships.
6. Requires travel (approx. 20%) to support changing ship locations.
10 years of relevant experience planning, estimating, or managing ship repair.
1. Experience developing ship repair work packages based on:
a. Effective knowledge of ship hull, mechanical and electrical systems implementation, and integration.
b. Effective knowledge of ship navigation, communication, and combat systems implementation and integration.
2. Major Ship Repair Facility engineering experience.
3. Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translate ship drawings, and communicate implementation approaches and deficiencies.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
1. Management experience in a Major Ship Repair Facility.
2. Underway assignment aboard commercial or military ships.
3. Navy ship engineering and systems familiarity.
4. Navy maintenance process and resources familiarity.
5. Experience with Joint Forces Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and specifically with the development of 4E Work Specifications.
6. Navy ship Hull, Mechanical, Electrical (HM/E), Deck equipment and Combat Systems equipment and systems expertise.
7. Technical understanding and use of computer modeling applications (AutoCad, Navisworks, Ship Constructor, or similar).
8. Ship Design and Model Management experience.
9. Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
10. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
11. Knowledge of LCS Program, the ship, and its systems.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.