Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Planner (early to mid-career level) in John F Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Manufacturing Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Titusville, FL has an immediate opportunity for an early to mid-career level Production, Planning & Control (PP&C) Planner to join our mission supporting the Orion Program Assembly, Test & Launch Operations (ATLO). Lockheed Martin is the prime contractor building the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle, NASA’s first spacecraft designed for long-duration, human-rated deep space exploration. Orion will transport humans to interplanetary destinations beyond low Earth orbit, such as asteroids, the moon and eventually Mars, and return them safely back to Earth. Reporting directly to the PP&C manager, you will be responsible for KSC ATLO production make/buy part planning and shop floor control.
Summary of key duties for this position:
• You will perform the Make, Buy and / or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions.
Performs one or more multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions
• You will maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost
• You will expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements
• You will coordinate with Manufacturing and Operations Management to provide shop floor control on make parts; analyze and control production schedule and capacity requirements; execute the plan; provide timely status and expedite or work around plans to preserve schedule
• You will coordinate with Supply Chain stakeholders including Procurement and Operations Management to determine an appropriate time phased plan for procured parts and execute processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements
• You will maintain MRP parameters including lead times and lot sizes and coordinate with the Engineering and Change Board Representative to make the associated changes to the BOM
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
• Minimum of 6 years of prior planning experience
• Must have a working knowledge of SAP as the tool for planning and execution in the Space supply chain
• Must have demonstrated experience with managing Make/Buy and Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions
• General office computer proficiency
•Experience in a large capacity production role with proven communication and teaming skills
•Working knowledge of subcontracts management, purchasing, cost-account-management, manufacturing, what-if analysis, and shop-floor-control
•Microsoft Project planning experience
•Experience with Material Management Accounting System (MMAS) standards and compliance
•Demonstrate/possess strong interpersonal skills; organizational skills; good oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills;
•Ability to represent PP&C activities for Lockheed Martin
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.