Lockheed Martin Composite Assembler 3 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Description: Perform assembly work. Prepare parts for the application of finishes for the next production operation. Apply various sealants, adhesives, and primers to process parts.
1. Installs metallic and non-metallic parts using fasteners, sealant or adhesive.
2. Installs metallic and non-metallic parts on composite assemblies using tooling, fixtures, and shop aids.
3. Mask complex configurations. Make patterns, cut and bond materials to contoured surfaces.
4. Does preparation work for rework, application of primer and topcoat, and/or the next production operation.
5. Mix and applies various primers and touch up of top coats of paint in conformance with applicable specifications and requirements.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
General production knowledge and mechanical aptitude. Experience working in a production facility performing assembly and finishing work.
Basic computer skills. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications. Familiar with close tolerance surface finishing procedures required prior to coating. Ability to mitre, blend, smooth, and finish non-metallic parts to meet flushness and engineering requirements. Ability to use torque driver, hand drill, industrial hot iron, palm sander, vacuum pump, etc. and use measuring devices such as electronic flushness gauge. Ability to prep and apply coatings.
Certifications: Ability to obtain necessary certifications. Ability to obtain respirator certification.
Preferred: three (3) years experience working in a production facility performing assembly and finishing work. Experience in working to military specifications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.