Lockheed Martin Maintenance Trainer Asc in Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Description: Structural trainer will be responsible for facilitating and training on a variety of aircraft structural related tasks with potential curriculum development. Must be knowledgeable on a variety of structural/sheet metal tools such as, but not limited to, band saw, shear, and precision instruments. Must be knowledgeable of corrosion control, sealants, cold working and special fasteners, heat treat and hardness testing, rotary flap peening and hot bond/composite repair. Must be capable of teaching individuals in the skills listed above, in addition to reading and interpreting blue prints and schematic, how to do installs and repairs on surfaces for aircraft modification in accordance with technical manuals, engineering drawings and FAA regulations. The maintenance trainer develops and revises curriculum in support of program requirements in the form of instructor led and web based training. The maintenance trainer works closely with the processing organizations to ensure all training requirements are properly maintained and tracked. Qualified candidates should have the ability to work independently, work with employees and also with Lockheed Martin management. All duties must be carried out within local, state, and federal laws and within program safety and security requirements. Additional skills include the following:
- The ability in assessing situations, obtaining necessary information, drawing conclusions and recommending and/or implementing course of action in accordance with normal practices and procedures.
- Review/assess curriculum with local management to ensure that course/program is meeting intended objectives for supporting finished product technical requirements.
- Poses the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; develop, present, and work independently; prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Other duties/responsibilities would include assisting with the training/qualification record organization & filing.
- Must have demonstrated presentation skills. Must have a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of curriculum development for training and developing learners.
- Computer literacy in operation of MS Office type tools and networked computer systems
- Instructor/teaching experience
- Must be able to occasionally travel as needed
- Previous experience or knowledge with learning management systems
- Multi-skilled in aircraft mechanics; possess A and/or P license
- Detailed Organizational Skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.