Lockheed Martin ASIC & FPGA, DSP Engineer in Kent, Washington
Description: Location: Kent, WA:
Do you want to take your career to new heights? At Lockheed Martin our designs are out of this world. The majority of our designs leave the earth's atmosphere. We encounter unique challenges and rewards you can brag to your friends about.
Protection Programs NEXT department is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer to help develop low-TRL R&D systems and push them to the next level.
Our agile team, operating under rapid design paradigm, is composed of team members that are able to work across several engineering disciplines to generate proof-of-concept demo programs, forming the next generation of protection products. Our team deals with cradle to grave development, creating custom hardware in-house. Work is varied, and products may span from innovative bus development to payload subsystems.
Functions you may perform as an ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer are:
• FPGA architecture design and coding (Verilog)
• Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithm design and implementation
• Digital hardware design inputs and/or review
• Contributions and/or algorithm design in MATLAB
• Hands-on lab testing and validation
• Architecture studies for next-generation hardware
You will also be utilizing your technical writing skills by writing proposals for new studies, systems, and demos. Assignments may include all levels of product to include: concept, design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
*Ability to obtain TS/SCI w/Poly required for this role.
*This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen .
Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, ASIC, Application-Specific Integrated Circuits, SoC, FPGA, Field Programmable Gate Arrays, VHDL, Verilog, DSP, Digital Signal Processing, fixed point, MATLAB, thermal effects, payload, digital circuit boards, PCB, PWB, IC
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience with DSP architectures and implementations (prefer fixed-point, Verilog / VHDL, MATLAB).
• Experience implementing systems through test and deployment.
• Experience with digital board development (hardware design, PCB/PWB, circuit boards).
• Hands-on experience in laboratory.
*This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Familiarity across several disciplines of engineering (digital and RF hardware, software, signal processing, mechanical) is a plus
• Experience with schematic capture and/or PCB layout is a plus
• Experience utilizing a variety of FPGA and/or DSP devices is a plus
• Experience with payloads is a plus
• Experience with communications systems is a plus
• Experience with radar systems is a plus
• Experience with payload development is a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.