Lockheed Martin Field Engineer in Key West, Florida
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting challenges: the use of advanced electronics to undermine our way of life. As a cybersecurity professional at Lockheed Martin, you’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Financial assets. Healthcare information. Critical infrastructure. Hazardous materials. The uninterrupted flow of energy that keeps modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat protection and proactive prevention. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the resources of Lockheed Martin to keep the threats at bay.The RF Field Engineer has a solid understanding of theory and application related to HF/VHF/UF antennas and infrastructure, network fault-isolation, and HF direction-finding systems, with a basic understanding of network design, corrosion-control, fiber-optic cable termination, power systems (AC/DC), and grounding systems. This position is best suited to the person that thrives on new challenges and has the experience and desire to work with minimal oversight. Normal working hours are M-F 7:30AM – 5PM (FLEX 9/80 schedule) at a customer facility with on-call availability after-hours. Candidates must be self-starters who are able to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and customers. They will author, distribute, and maintain documentation and customer-required programs as assigned.
Desired Skills: • Oversee and perform installation of radios, antennas, RF/Fiber cable, and system hardware at customer sites
• Perform Site Surveys, document findings, update documentation and submit to customer for review/ approval
• Fault Isolate local and remote issues with repair electronics, computers, systems equipment, networks using appropriate test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, TDR’s, or software tools)
• Safety conscious while performing maintenance activities
• COMSEC custodian experience
• Have the ability to read and use technical schematics, drawings and manuals along with other technical materials to resolve complex problems.
• Have strong oral/written communication skills and comfortable with providing site tours or presentations
• Ability to climb and rappel working at heights up to 200 feet and have the ability to carry and/or move objects up to 75 lbs.
• General understanding of RF infrastructure and HF/VHF/UHF antenna principles
• Experience with RF, fiber-optic, and network fault-isolation/test equipment
• Broad experience across antenna technologies, test equipment, cable termination/repair, and system hardware integration
• Must be willing to support flexible work hours to align with customer operational schedule
• Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access
• Antenna, RF, and Fiber-optic cable/connector fault-isolation and repair experience
• Basic network fault-isolation experience
• COMSEC Custodian
• Field Engineering
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.