Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: This position is located at Valley Forge, PA and supports ICBM and Strategic Systems Programs. The selected candidate will be responsible for mechanical design activities, including requirements allocation, concept evaluations, trade studies, layouts, preliminary solid modeling and analyses. The mechanical design lead will be responsible for the development of solid models in conjunction with the performance of all necessary analyses for these designs, including materials evaluations, stress, dynamics, thermal, aerodynamic, and flight mechanics assessments. Support will also be provided to producibility studies, cost trades, design for long term operations and maintenance, and all necessary development planning activities.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with commensurate years of professional experience.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional product development team environment
• Ability to lead an Integrated Product Team
• Fundamental understanding of aerospace vehicle structures, mechanisms, thermal products, materials and processes
• Experience with aerospace vehicle flight hardware design and analysis, manufacture, test and integration
• Ability to drive hardware production activities through delivery to the program
• Proficient with CAD modeling, drafting and release in Creo/EPDM
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation, including SAP, Q-notes, test procedures, etc.
• Experience working with procurement and outside suppliers, including Product Acceptance Instructions (PAIs), VRICs, source inspection, etc.
• Proven excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Schedule/planning experience
• Experience with US Strategic Systems
• Experience with USAF Program Execution
• Experience with Missile Weapons Systems
• Experience with USAF Minuteman III Weapon System
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
• Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
• Effectively manage change
• Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 including GD&T
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.