Lockheed Martin Mechanical Test Engineer Sr in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our Valley Forge Production team is seeking a mechanical test engineer to support development and production of weapon systems, ground support equipment, and satellite electronic boxes.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• A current DOD secret or higher clearance is highly desired at time of application.
• Ability to obtain a DOD secret or higher clearance if not already in possession at time of hire.
• Write standard operating procedures.
• Manage mechanical test workflow/resources.
• Execute mechanical tests including vibration, acoustic, HALT/HASS, acceleration, spin, shock (pyro and MIPSS), modal, and mass properties.
• Develop business cases and creates requirements for new mechanical test systems to support the organization’s strategic goals.
• Work closely with test technicians, engineers, and other personnel on the Operations Team to ensure successful test planning and execution.
• Perform other duties as assigned by production leadership.
• Some travel may be required.
• Ability to support off-hour or weekend support as needed to support production schedule compliance.
Typically has 3-5 or more years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Minimum 2 years experience writing mechanical test procedures and/or experience executing mechanical tests such as vibration, acoustic, HALT/HASS, acceleration, spin, shock (pyro and MIPSS), modal, and mass properties.
• Experience designing tests.
• Experience creating requirements for new mechanical test systems to be purchased by the Production organization.
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship.
• Proficient in MS Office products
• *A current DOD secret or higher clearance is highly desired. *
• Experience working in a high mix, low volume production environment.
• Experience writing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and functional failure modes and effects analysis (FFMEA).
• Experience designing mechanical test setups.
• Experience managing capital projects from requirements definition through installation and initial operating capability.
• Experience using VE-CAMS, SAP ERP, and Automation Framework.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.