Lockheed Martin Principal Systems Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: LM Space is at the forefront of development of large-scale systems to meet critical and emerging US national security needs. These programs and opportunities require skilled technical leads across systems and mechanical disciplines to develop concepts of operations and system architectures to meet mission needs for Intelligence and Department of Defense customers in a fast-paced environment. This essential role requires the ability to provide Systems of Systems Engineering, leveraging Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practices to achieve consistent (cost, technical, schedule, risk) solutions for our customers.
This role is to be the lead Systems of Systems Engineer and Chief Architect for a new large scale classified program. This Chief Systems Engineer & Chief Architect will directly support the Program Manager and Chief Engineer providing technical expertise, engaging customers, defining customer needs and providing innovative solutions. The successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of Systems of Systems Engineering and Architecture development that leverages model-based standards, practices, tools and capabilities. The candidate will also have significant experience and expertise in hypersonics, engineering, mission analysis, concept of operations and systems development.
Key tenets of this role are to:
• Engage in large System of Systems architecture definition, technology development and insertion, and technical trades.
• Lead the coordination of overall architecture and system performance including all technical performance measurements, requirements and risk assessments for a large-scale classified program.
Requires travel to various Lockheed Martin and customer locations.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- BS in Engineering from an accredited university or related/equivalent discipline or other related technical degree
-Experience developing key weapons systems: Reentry systems, Hypersonics, and/or Missile Systems.
- Current Top Secret security clearance (current, updated within past 5 years); US citizenship is required
- Extensive experience in large Systems of Systems Engineering and Architecture development
- Significant Systems Engineering development experience (e.g. system analysis, system requirement, CONOPS, Interface Requirements and Analysis, and Mission Analysis)
- Experience leading Systems Engineering or technology program teams
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting to executive leadership and external customers
- Previous experience as principal investigator, integration lead or project manager
-Experience in key technologies or applicable skills: Aerodynamics, Thermal, Materials, Propulsion, Sensors, Navigation, Guidance, and Control
-Experience across all elements of Missile Systems, including Missiles, Boosters, Launch Systems, Command and Control, and Mission Planning
- Experience using Cameo/Rhapsody or similar architecture modeling tools
- Experience using AFSIM tool
- Experience using Satellite Tool Kit (STK)
- Architecture development experience using DoDAF, UPDM,or UAF frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced Systems Engineering concepts of Enterprise Architecture and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience and familiarity with intelligence community customers and programs, being able to engage customers to define customer needs
-Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex technical issues/challenges
- Project management experience including cost, schedule, technical and stakeholder management
-Demonstrated strategic development and analysis skills
-Understanding of the LM Space business models and customers, core Space software tools, Space business processes, and advanced knowledge and insight into emerging industry standards and technology related to operations analysis and associated modeling and simulation
- Current SCI is preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.