Lockheed Martin Production Control Asst in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. We encourage employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and build incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space in Valley Forge, PA. You will be a critical member of our team in the role of Production Control Assistant. In this role you work collaboratively with production management, production control, and shop floor personnel. You will assist with the quality production of Satellite electronic boxes and weapon systems ground support equipment.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You perform a significant portion of your duties using Microsoft office Excel and will require solid proficiency with this software.
• You coordinate with production control and production management to support priorities on the shop floor.
• You process material and chemical inventory records.
• You track the execution of hardware builds to the production schedule to ensure program delivery requirements.
• You communicate with production management, production control, manufacturing engineering and shop floor personnel as necessary to ensure build execution is on schedule to meet production needs.
• You maintain and track MRP parameters including lead times, lot sizes, build records, and inventory management.
• You perform other duties as assigned to support manufacturing and production operations.
• We may require you to travel occasionally.
• Some weekend or off-hour support may be required to support production schedules.
• You will need to be able to obtain a Secret Clearance that is required for this role.
High School diploma with additional specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or proven ability to perform assigned tasks, and 1 year of experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• High School Diploma
• Basic understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and of ERP systems (i.e. SAP).
• Experience with planning & scheduling tools (ex: SAP, MS Office, MS Project).
• Organization and multi-tasking skills.
• Project/Production planning experience.
• Ability to create and maintain graphs, charts, burn down plans.
• Capability to adapt quickly to change.
• Proficient knowledge of computer systems, databases, and programs.
• Proficient usage and understanding of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, Excel Macros and PowerPoint.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.