Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Asc Mgr in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) in Valley Forge, PA has a growing portfolio of programs providing incredible capabilities for the US Air Force, US Navy and across the Department of Defense. The breadth of our work here spans Weapon Control Systems, GPS, Wideband Satellite Communications, Tactical Data Links, Enterprise Management Systems, Radar Data Processing, Signal Exploitation Systems and much more. Our teams work closely with our customers to deliver innovative and reliable solutions.
Lockheed Martin RMS is seeking a Software Engineering Associate Manager to join our First Line Manager (FLM) Team in the Engineering & Technology organization. As an FLM, you will be responsible for managing software development activities for a number of simultaneous program milestones and objectives, primarily for the for Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) program. You will be engaged in program software development activities across the full software development life cycle, ensuring the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to advance the craft of software engineering, implementing new and modern tools and techniques - this will involve being a leader in our Digital Development Environment efforts, focusing on Agile Development and Automated Testing across our programs, and making innovative contributions to the development of new business opportunities and product line road maps.
Your duties will also include monitoring technical performance, evaluating individual and team performance, controlling budgets and schedules in support of customer objectives, generating cost estimates for work to be performed, providing status to the center’s senior management and engineering program managers, and supporting center and business level initiatives.
In addition to the FLM responsibilities, you will have technical and programmatic responsibilities on the program that may include (but are not limited to) Technical Lead, SW leadership, Release Train Engineer, Project leadership, Proposals, Product Owner, or Scrum Master.
• Proven experience in Agile Software Development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven technical leadership skills with ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
• Experience developing detailed plans in support of technical assignments
• Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
• Experience working in technical teams across a virtual environment
• A technical background in software engineering or related field
-Standard Backend development
• Prior engineering management experience including task planning, budget management, subcontract management and employee development and mentoring
• Experience working logistics programs development through sustainment
• Integration and test experience with large complex software systems
• Proposal development experience; Basis of Estimate (BOE) development
• Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
• Earned Value Management experience
• Proven continuous integration experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.