Lockheed Martin Sr. Network Engineer / Weapons Platform Integration Programs / King of Prussia, PA in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: At Lockheed Rotary and Mission System (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future! This requisition is for a Network Engineer to support United States Air Force and Navy programs in the C6ISR market segment. The Network Engineer will support design, implementation, optimization, troubleshooting of complex computing environments and infrastructure.
This position requires strong problem solving skills focused on Network Engineering and Systems Engineering/Integration. In addition to developing new optimized network architectures designed to unique customer requirements, the candidate must be able to assess existing legacy architectures, recommend improvements and rapidly troubleshoot and resolve network issues. Candidate will be developing and/or managing computer network architectures that are compliant with US Government (e.g., DoD, IC) security accreditation standards.
The candidate must demonstrate strong communication skills and will be expected to interact with customers and user POCs to understand requirements/domain, mature use cases, promote and present proposed capability improvements through new architectural changes and support customer incident reporting/troubleshooting.
The candidate must have some familiarity with requirements analysis/management, risk management, Systems Engineering documentation, CONOPS development, trade studies, and data analysis.
Candidate must be able to work independently and provide guidance to junior engineers. Work location will be in Valley Forge, PA.
- Comprehensive understanding of network administration, engineering, and design of complex networks
- Network Engineering experience including requirements analysis, design, hardware evaluation, configuration, test, security compliance and remediation
- Experience administering network and security devices, including industry standard vendor hardware such as Cisco, Juniper
- Understanding of networking protocols, securing and hardening network devices
- Self-starter with a desire to solve tough technical problems
- Experience interacting with customers/users at junior and senior levels with a desire to develop a clear understanding of the domain and legacy systems/architectures to best apply new network technologies to address their challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Network Engineering experience in DoD environments and hardening to meet DoD requirements
- Certifications: CCNA (Cisco), CCNP (Cisco), CCSA (Checkpoint), JNCIE-ENT (Juniper), CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
- Familiarity with both hardware-based networking as well as virtualized platforms and capabilities.
- Scripting skills/experience (including Python, Linux shell, Java, PowerShell +, then Java/C++/Perl for other I&T)
- IT background (Troubleshooting, Layer 1 - 5 troubleshooting, wiring standards), server
- System administration experience, including Linux and Windows experience
- Maintain architecture, data work flows, and use cases
- Experience with systems integration & deployments
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS DoD & TS/SCI Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.