Lockheed Martin Sr. Software Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary and Missions (RMS) is seeking a Software Developer professional to join our team in Valley Forge, PA. At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This is an exciting Software Developer (Software Engineer) position in the C4ISR market segment in C4 Undersea Systems (C4USS) line of business, for a weapons control software product line. The Weapons Control system provides the necessary features for the preparation, support and strike sequence mission threads.
The candidate will perform design, development and test of key software components. The candidate will ensure that the solutions satisfy the overall system architecture. Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, planning, design, and analysis methodologies. Ensure software implementation decisions throughout multiple phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) are consistent with the defined architecture. Perform software engineering and development activities including requirements, design, code, test, deployment, and maintenance. Work closely with the lead engineer, software team, and other supporting engineering disciplines.
We are looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills, writing/testing C++ software, knowledge of Object Oriented Design, strong organizational skills. This position emphasizes integrity, personal accountability, initiative, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting software
- Solid troubleshooting skills for all development environments and demonstrated use of various scripting languages
- C++, Software test and debug
- Experience following standardized engineering life-cycle processes and tailoring processes when appropriate
- Software tools including design, source management, automated testing tools, static analysis tools
- Mentoring and team leadership experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Current active DoD Secret Security Clearance preferred
- Recognized certifications (CEH, Network+, Security+, others)
- Prior experience with secure software development and integration.
- Familiar with Linux & Windows environments, COTS/FOSS integration and configuration
- Familiar with Agile/SCRUM practices
- Experience developing control software for military applications
- Experience across IT disciplines including software, hardware, network engineering
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.