Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Prin in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: System Engineering Lead for Major Subcontracts
This position is for a key role on a large government program to provide engineering leadership and oversight for very large subcontract development and delivery of major systems valued at greater than $100M. The candidate requires extensive experience in systems engineering for RF, communication, or electronic warfare systems involving technologies such as reflector antennas, phased array antennas, high power amplifiers, and receivers. The candidate requires extensive experience with architecting large systems and decomposition of customer mission requirements down to primary subsystems. The position will require the candidate to manage complex trade spaces involving schedule, cost, and technical performance factors. The candidate will lead complex decisions for the subcontracts and manage interdependent factors including technology trade studies, insertion of new technology, requirements flowdown, architecture and interface definition, contractual construct, and schedule. The candidate will be required to navigate between program and customer driving requirements as well as subcontractor capabilities to develop solutions that achieve mission success and optimize cost, schedule, and technical performance for the program. Work is performed without direction, and the candidate will be expected to collaborate broadly across organizations, including extensive interactions with subcontract management.
The candidate will act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of large subcontract deliveries supporting operational programs. The candidate will be able to successfully balance a long-term perspective with a practical tactical view. The role will have a high level of customer visibility and performance in this role will lead to program keep-sold objectives and potential new business opportunities or follow-ons. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would have a long-term negative effect on the organizations reputation, business and program financial posture. The candidate will serve as the top engineering consultant to program management and executive management in all aspects related to major subcontracts directly impacting program success.
15 years of experience in management or leadership roles with financial impact >$25M.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting large systems
- Demonstrated experience with RF, communication, or electronic warfare systems and technology
- Demonstrated experience in management of cost, schedule, and technical performance for programs or deliverables valued at >$25M.
- Requirements development and decomposition
- System architecture development
- Effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment
- Models Based System Engineering (MBSE) in a tools including DOORS, Cameo, and Enterprise Architect
- Modeling and simulation experience
- Strong analysis and mathematical skills
- Experience with Software Defined Radio
- Experience with Command and Control (C2)
- Hardware test and integration experience
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.