Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Weapon System Flight Test Plan in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Performing Flight Test Program responsibilities.
• Developing and qualifying test programs for maturing designs.
• Flight Test Programs will encompass the full program life cycle from component development through flight test planning for both conventional and nuclear weapon systems.
• Identifying data needs as driven by test requirements, instrumentation design, data stream development, test data collection, post processing and report development.
• Integrating test processes from several customer, co-contractor and subcontractor organizations, and interface with government and range personnel.
• Knowledge of Test Like You Fly (TLYF), limitations of test set-ups and maintenance of test assets is required.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Weapon System Flight Test planning expertise to include missile and ground communications, government range coordination, test monitoring assets, and launch campaign execution. Test Plan development during the concept design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and/or disposal phases of the plan.
• Flight test data assessment, to include data formatting, post-processing, and performance evaluation. A cost efficiency approach to validate requirements in the lowest risk, most affordable solution for the customer.
• US Citizenship and a Secret security clearance.
• Experience with test vehicle instrumentation and sensor data collection.
• Prior experience developing and executing flight test programs with knowledge of recent and relevant government test requirements and lessons learned.
• Data formatting and post-processing experience
• MATLAB proficiency
• An understanding of the underlying physics, including equations of motion and ballistic trajectory principles
• Ability to conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
• An understanding of customer agency, mission area, and technical investments.
• Strong organizational, communication (written/verbal), presentation and decision-making skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.