Lockheed Martin Accountant in Lakeland, Florida
Description: This accounting position requires the successful management of multiple, simultaneous assignments, and tasks managing priorities and various deadlines. Responsibilities include adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures requiring the use of generally accepted accounting principles, effective analysis techniques, and communication skills. Compilation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy of transactions. Position will coordinate with team members and other LM organizations in multiple time zones and countries. Position may require performance of other duties as required in a changing environment. May provide input to design, modify, install, and maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions. May develop effective accounting processes and system of controls. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, and tax payments in the general ledger.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
Minimum of 2 years experience in the following:
• Demonstrated experience performing account reconciliations
• Demonstrated motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills (illustrated by related coursework, experience or on-the-job training)
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills; ability to collaborate with colleagues and co-workers (e.g. internal and external business partners)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and results of root cause analysis
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with people at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to independently resolve complex issues
• Demonstrated ability to implement change and streamline processes
• Intermediate to advance level proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to provide relevant and constructive feedback
Demonstrated level of accounting and analytical skills confirmed through related work experience, including the support of financial and/or tax accounting
• Knowledge of Temporary and Extended Duty Assignment process and procedures
• Knowledge of the LM policies (CPS-540, CPS-541, CRX-539, CRX-325 and TVL-001)
• Experience with Travel Expense reporting applications specifically Concur
• Demonstrated experience in developing solutions to a variety of complex problems applying policies and practices for guidance.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a project through sustainment: comprehending purpose, conceptualizing end product, deriving methods and processes, qualifying inputs and relationships
• Ability to present a professional demeanor in all interactions
• Development of specialized reports based on data warehouse and/or work with IT on the creation of such reports in a timely manner
• Demonstrated experience performing and understanding foreign exchange transactions
• SAP database understanding and user expertise
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.