Lockheed Martin International Accountant (Senior Level) in Lakeland, Florida
Description: This is an International Accounting position within the Enterprise Business Services (EBS) Global Accounting organization in Lakeland, Florida. The team is responsible for US and International Financial and Tax reporting for numerous Lockheed Martin entities. The position may include but is not limited to legal entity accounting (including the interface with local accountants or professionals in other countries); international financial reporting; contract accounting; tax reporting; complex foreign currency analysis (ie: ASC 830); supporting monthly closing process; analyzing and troubleshooting complex accounting issues; reviewing and analyzing complex processes to improve efficiency; and supporting audits. The position is expected to successfully handle multiple simultaneous tasks, assignments and deadlines.
The position requires demonstrated competency of generally accepted accounting principles and highly developed strong analytical, organizational/prioritization skills.
The position is responsible for, but not limited to:
-Application and interpretation of US GAAP principles
-Financial and tax reporting
-Analyzing financial and tax accounting
-Organizational/Prioritization of tasks
-General Ledger and Contract Accounting
-Accounting for foreign currencies
-Coordination with business unit customers and corporate partners on contract activity
-Leading process improvements associated with international accounting
The position is expected to use effective analysis techniques, to facilitate effective communication and coordination with team members, partners and customers, and to review the work and data provided by peers and other organizations before consolidating it into the final work product. This position supports other financial services duties as assigned.
Desired Skills: - Demonstrated ability to successfully research and resolve complex accounting issues
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize, prioritize, and simultaneously manage multiple tasks/priorities
- Demonstrated ability to perform limited review of others work and provide relevant & constructive feedback
Minimum of 4 years of experience:
- Bachelors level degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field
- Demonstrated senior level accounting and analytical skills confirmed through related work experience, including the support of financial and/or tax accounting
- Demonstrated experience performing contract accounting tasks and transactions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply and interpret US GAAP principles
- Demonstrated experience performing and understanding foreign exchange transactions
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and work independently as required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.