Lockheed Martin Flight Operations Analyst - Base Operations Specialist - Special Operations Forces in Lexington, Kentucky
Description: Base operations specialist will create, plan, and execute the day to day airfield operations process. Coordinates and monitors all flights in and out of the facility, is responsible for monitoring weather conditions. All Day to day airfield operations will be reviewed by the airfield manager.
Day to Day operation includes:
• Minute by minute prioritizing of aircraft movement
• Maintains contact with Aircraft via VHF/UHF radio using terminology required for communicating with both civil and military aircraft.
• Advising flight crews of takeoff and landing locations
• Coordination of all vehicles, pedestrian, and equipment movement on and around the airfield.
• Providing timely weather updates that would affect the airfield operation.
• Compiles aircraft dispatch data such as scheduled arrival/departure times, needed fuel, flight plans, ramp delays, and weather reports.
• Prepares and submits information concerning flights and ground operation (NOTAMS).
• Need to possess complete knowledge and skills dealing with aircraft flight and ground operations and airfield emergency procedures.
• Point of contact for all aircraft ground operations to include refuel, defuel, engine runs, Ground Support Equipment Movement and hanger space availability.
• Maintain a graphic display for all aircraft locations on facility.
• Perform additional duties within the ESH team as required.
• Additionally, frequently converse with other flight operations centers for flights incoming and out bound from locations around the United States. Examples are Washington State, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Additionally Flight Operations Specialist is in contact with FAA Flight Service Centers for flight planning closeouts and activations.
Job duties being performed are highly specialized and require a unique set of qualifications. Those duties are critical to program execution in the testing and delivery of aircraft. They include.
FCC Radio Operator, Tower/Ground control/Base Operation experience or Licensed Pilot.
Degree in Aviation Management, or Safety Related Field with prior airfield experience or 5 years prior experience in Airfield Operations.
Use of military radios and familiarity with military flight language
Knowledgeable in aircraft marshalling
Experience dealing with Crash Fire and Rescue Personnel
Familiar with hangar safety operations
Knowledge of some Aviation Support Equipment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.